|13 September 2017|
09:30 - 16:00
|Phonics 1-4 (ID 5740)|
• Explore the theoretical/ historical landscape related to the teaching of phonics.
• Understand the importance of early phonological development and providing meaningful activities to support this in your setting.
• Clarify subject knowledge around the terminology related to phonics teaching and the expectations related to the pace and progression of learning and become familiar with the basic phonic code and teaching blending and segmenting.
• Receive guidance for the teaching of synthetic phonics.
• Using high quality texts to support phonic teaching.
• Explore strategies for teaching high frequency words.
LUNCH IS NOT PROVIDED