|20 September 2017|
09:30 - 16:00
|Phonics 4-6 (ID 5741)|
• Explore the theoretical/ historical landscape related to the teaching of phonics
• Understand the importance of early phonological development and providing meaningful activities to support this in your setting
• Clarify subject knowledge around the terminology related to phonics teaching and the expectations related to the pace and progression of learning and become familiar with the basic phonic code and teaching blending and segmenting.
• Receive guidance for the teaching of synthetic phonics through know the lesson sequence.
• Using high quality texts to support phonic teaching.
• Explore strategies for teaching high frequency words
• Learn how to move children into reading and spelling fluency
• Become familiar with the complex phonics code and investigative approaches for helping children to understand patterns for spelling
• Explore activities to move children from phonics to the spelling rules and expectations for Years 1 and 2
• Investigate the essential elements of practice and the classroom environment that enable children to become confident readers and writers
LUNCH IS NOT PROVIDED