|22 November 2017|
09:30 - 16:00
|Teaching in Year 6 (ID 5752)|
This full day session is designed to support Year 6 teachers in teaching the English Curriculum. The focus will be around quality teaching and meeting the end of Key Stage Expectations This training is particularly relevant to those teachers who are new to Year 6.
Training will provide practitioners with an opportunity to:
• Discuss the administration of the SATs tests
• Consider ways to prepare for the SATs tests
• Examine the Interim Frameworks for KS2
• Discuss the teaching of writing, enhancing enjoyment and quality whilst attaining good outcomes with a view to building a collection of work which can be assessed and moderated.
• Share the expectations for writing outcomes, moderation and Interim Framework
• Share and discuss the more rounded expectations for children and their reading in Year 6.
• Discuss the administration of reading and SPAG tests and consideration of teaching and learning leading up to the tests.
• Consider the range of materials and methods that are available to teachers in supporting children to make appropriate progress by the end of KS2.
• Examine pupil performance in order to develop target setting.
LUNCH IS NOT PROVIDED