|29 November 2017|
09:00 - 16:00
|Teaching in Year 2 (ID 5754)|
This full day session is designed to support Year 2 teachers in teaching the English and Maths Curriculum. The focus will be around quality teaching and meeting the end of Key Stage Expectations This training is particularly relevant to those teachers who are new to Year 2.
Training will provide practitioners with an opportunity to:
• Discuss the administration of the SATs tests
• Consider ways to prepare for the SATs tests
• Examine the Interim Frameworks for KS1
• Discuss the teaching of writing with a view to enhancing enjoyment, quality whilst attaining good outcomes which can be assessed and moderated.
• Share the expectations for writing outcomes, moderation and Interim Framework
• Share and discuss the more rounded expectations for children and their reading in Year 2.
• Discuss the teaching of reading skills in order to ensure successful outcomes which meet the end of year expectations.
• Discuss the administration of reading tests and consider teaching and learning leading up to the tests.
• Support teachers in using a range of materials to prepare children for the maths KS1 SATs
• Discuss the teaching of mathematics to ensure breadth and depth and high-quality learning outcomes
• Discuss the administration of maths tests and consider teaching and learning leading up to the tests.
LUNCH IS NOT PROVIDED